A common lens distortion problem is vignetting – darkening around the edges of a photo. Sometimes you might want this effect in your image, especially when imitating retro photography. But if not, correcting lens vignette is easy with the help of Adobe Lightroom or Photoshop.
- Open the image in Lightroom.
- Go to Develop module –> Lens Correction.
- Then you can either choose Profile Correction and select your lens profile to correct lens distortion automatically, or open Manual tab and use Vignette sliders to correct the amount and the midpoint of the effect.
- Open the image in Photoshop.
- Choose Filter –> Lens Correction.
- Play around with Vignette sliders to correct the amount and the midpoint of the effect.
- Hit OK when you are done.Easy!
Vignetting corrected in Photoshop.